Monday, November 5, 2012

Against the Grain

Time to turn a new leaf! Starting fresh with new goals, new mantras, and a new blog! I'm new to this blog format, so forgive me while I get comfortable in the new habitat.

So it is now November, my birthday month. October came and left like a thief in the night! As both my birthday and Thanksgiving are approaching, I always get into a contemplative state of mind and try to evaluate the past year since my prior birthday. I know that during November, men aren't supposed to shave (thank you, Jesus! Can I get an amen?!) and women are supposed to not wear makeup or something along those lines (let's face it...can we REALLY go a month without shaving? That's just gross.). People put up a new "thankful" statement, some serious while others are a humorous interpretation. So rather than follow the norm, which you will soon find out is something that I go out of my way to AVOID...I'm going to do 30 days of thankful for the people in my life who have kept me going this past year. It's been a tough year, but a year full of growth and discovery. I'm a little bit behind, so I'm going to cram a few people into the first few posts.


Day 1

First and foremost, let me talk about my best friend, confidant, sister, platonic soul-mate...the person that understands me and knows me to my core. I swear, I don't think that there is a friendship in the world that could compare to ours! No, we are not perfect...OK, let's face it, WE ARE...but we have made it through so many ups and downs, so many sidetracks, so many mistakes, so many great times. Some day, we will be old sitting on a porch and telling each of our grandchildren about the crazy shit that we used to get into and all of the fun that we had. We have both been through a lot in our lives, but I can safely say that we are survivors, and it's always better when we are together. The past year has brought a lot of changes for the both of us. Some things seemed to have pushed us apart for a bit, other things just brought us closer together. We are both coming into our own, learning more about ourselves and each other along the way. I am so proud of the both of us for moving forward in the direction of our dreams, even when our dreams are not as clear as we think they should be. I know that as long as we continue to stick together and push each other forward, we will be better than fine.

We are two of a kind...stitched together at the seams by our mistakes, our failures, our heartbreak, our dreams, and our happiness.

To summarize us in a few words: eagerness, intrigue, passion, curiosity, adventure, laughter, and unity.






No comments:

Post a Comment