Monday, November 5, 2012

And so it continues...(Day 2 & Day 3)

Day 2

To say that my family situation is "odd" would be the understatement of the year. I won't even begin to try to explain it, as the more I explain, the more people tend to get confused. So let me keep it simple: I am the daughter of a wonderful man and an eccentric woman. I am the sister of a rambunctious brother and a hyperactive and hyper-talented sister. With that said, this post is dedicated to my baby sister.


She is a teenager, somewhat newly, and with that age comes many things. A smart mouth, a know-it-all attitude, major PMS, psychotic obsession with movie stars (and 90% of the male species), obnoxious energy, and relentless pestering. There are definitely days that I want to put duct tape over my sisters mouth so that she will stop her incessant 24 hour sing-along or her non-stop talk about Josh Hutcherson, Twilight, and The Hunger Games, but in general, I am crazy about my baby sister. She keeps me young and always makes me laugh. I have to take some credit for her awesome sense of humor. The rest can be attributed to her dad. She has also been through a lot this year...major milestones and loss have come her way, and I am proud to say that she also has the survivor gene. She has not let these obstacles stop her, and she has been there to lift everyone up even when it seemed she should have been the one needing the lifting. I can't say how proud I am of the person she is becoming. She has the biggest heart in the world, and on the days when I can't seem to find compassion or empathy, she shares some of hers with me. She is bright-eyed and excited for the future, and she definitely has an incredible future ahead of her. I have always connected to her, ever since she was a baby. I know that we will always be close no matter what happens. She may be 9.5 years younger than me, but I consider her one of my absolute best friends. I look forward to growing older with her and seeing all of the wonderful places that life takes her. 



Day 3


Again, the family situation is interesting. But I have to dedicate a day of thanks to my big brother. Without him, I probably would have disowned my family several times over. He always manages to lighten even the darkest mood. He has always done nothing but make sure that I feel comfortable and included. When we were younger, no one in the world knew how to piss me off more (aside from our mother), but no one made me feel cooler or indulged me when I needed to use him to make all of the girls jealous. For that, I am obviously eternally grateful. I can definitely say without a doubt that I am beyond proud of the person he has become and the family that he has started. He has a big responsibility these days as the man of the family, and despite the fact that so much weight should never be put on one man, he has handled it with grace and enthusiasm. Most importantly, he has given me the most beautiful niece in the entire universe and I love her to the moon and back! And it's clear to me that I am her favorite person in the entire universe (and the feeling is mutual, Harper!).

How could I not also feature her, as she is a part of my brother!



No comments:

Post a Comment