Friday, November 9, 2012

Outside the Lines..

Day 7


So I know that I am supposed to fill this with 30 people that I am thankful for. But again, I am going to follow the unconventional ways and make that my own. Technically, this day is dedicated to people that I may not personally know, but that have affected my life in more ways than anyone. Day 7 is dedicated to the music/musicians that have truly carried me through not only the past 365 days, but also the past 24 years. I am lucky enough to have been to the shows of MANY of my favorite bands, and I have been lucky enough to enjoy those shows with a variety of my favorite people. Notably (in my book), tonight I will be attending Joshua Radin & A Fine Frenzy. This is notable (in my book) because I also went to see Joshua Radin in Memphis about 2 (maybe less) years ago with Jessica. It was one of the best shows I've seen. And I look forward to carrying on the tradition of seeing  him play for years to come. In addition, this year I was finally able to see my favorite band of all time: Band of Horses. AMAZING show. Their music sings to my soul and carries my darkest thoughts away. That may sound ridiculous, but it's the only way that I can explain it. 

Perhaps it is because I have grown up around music, but music has always run in my veins. Since I can remember (literally), I have spent as much time as possible listening to music and singing duets with Whitney, Alannis, Anthony Kiedis, Meatloaf, and more on a list so long I could never even keep up with myself. Music is my escape, my comfort, my go-to when everything else around me seems to fail. So not only does this deserve "Day 7", but it truly deserves 365 days of thanks. Because not a day goes by that I am not in some way moved by music.

Just a few of my favorite concerts that I've been lucky enough to attend:
Iron & Wine - Minglewood Hall - December 2010

Joshua Radin - Cannery Ballroom - February 2011
St. Vincent - Cannery Ballroom - May 2012
Beach House - Marathon Music - September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment